Some Good News
The statements below explain — in summary — why even in our pessimistic age there’s hope for the future and a purpose for you to fulfill:
- God created the heavens and the earth for His glory.
- God made mankind in His image to fill the earth and subdue it.
- This commission is known as the Dominion Mandate.
- Mankind rebelled against God by seeking to live independently from Him, bringing a curse upon all creation.
- The curse brought suffering and death to the world, and made our work on earth burdensome.
- Yet God implemented a plan to restore humanity along with all of creation.
- Starting with Abraham, God chose a people who would be faithful to Him.
- From this line of descendants came God’s Son, Jesus Christ, who lived a life of perfect obedience.
- Jesus came not to condemn the world, but to save it.
- Jesus was crucified, buried, and raised from the dead according to His Father’s plan.
- Jesus brings forgiveness and restoration to all who trust in Him.
- Before ascending from the earth, Jesus delivered the Great Commission as a renewal of the Dominion Mandate to be fulfilled in His Name.
- Those who trust Jesus are part of a new humanity that God is using to bring about a new creation.
- Jesus now reigns at the right hand of the Father, overseeing the advance of His kingdom.
- The Dominion Mandate is faithfully obeyed as God’s people abide in Christ and serve others in His Name.
- The day is coming when the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the sea.
- God has called you to participate in this glorious story as it unfolds by faithfully using the gifts He has given you.
“After experiencing some major losses and overwhelming trials, I was lost. I had no vision and planned to coast through the rest of my life to avoid any further challenges. But this program showed me God had more in mind for me as it helped me find my identity, purpose and calling in Christ.“